Advantages of TypeScript
- It helps the developer to write robust and clear code as the feature of static typing points the errors while writing scripts.
- Type annotations identify the constructs that can possibly be errors.
- It provides better collaborations for large projects where a number of developers work simultaneously.
- It has many in-built features like auto-compilation, ECMAScript 6 code support, and dynamic typing that gives enhanced productivity.
Disadvantages of TypeScript
- It does not support abstract classes.
- It takes more time due to the compilation phase.
- It is a better choice for small projects.
- It has an easy learning curve as compared to TypeScript.
- Although some HTML editors support debugging, it is not as efficient as other C/C++ editors.
|It is developed at Netscape.||It is developed by Microsoft.|
|It has an extension .js.||It has the file extension .ts or .tsx.|
|It does not have the concept of types and interfaces.||It includes concepts like types and interfaces used to describe the data being used.|
|It does not support prototyping.||It supports prototyping.|
|It does not support modules.||Module support is available in TypeScript.|
|It is flexible for individuals and small businesses as weakly typed.||The static typing feature of TypeScript helps to catch errors while typing. It is a better choice for large projects.|
|It is easy to learn.||It needs prior scripting knowledge to learn.|
In a word
August 24, 2021